MY SURIA HOME CONTEST
Terms and Conditions
1. MY SURIA HOME CONTEST (“Contest”) is organised by Huawei Technologies (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (Huawei Malaysia).
2. This Contest will run from 1st January 2023 to 12th March 2023 (“Contest Period”). Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to shorten, extend or cancel the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
3. This Contest is open to all contestants who are:
a) Malaysian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Malaysia; and
b) Aged 18 years old and above on 1st January 2023 based on the birthdate as stated on the contestant’s NRIC/Passport; and
c) Owns a FusionSolar Smart Energy Controller products (not for commercial usage) which was purchased since 1st Jan 2021 onwards.
By participating in this Contest, each contestant (interchangeably referred to as “Contestant”, “You” or “Your”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
4. Employees, dealers or agents of Huawei Malaysia or any of its group of companies or their family member(s) or households or anyone connected with this Contest are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
How to Participate
5. This Contest will be held weekly via Huawei Malaysia’s Instagram account for a period of 10 weeks from 1st January 2023 until 12th March 2023.
a) Contestants are required to adhere to the following steps:
Register your participation details on myhuaweisolar.com
Follow @huaweimalaysia on Instagram
Post Your most creative and memorable caption with FusionSolar Smart Energy Controller moments on Instagram.
The caption should include: “I choose FusionSolar Smart Energy Controller because...."
Include the hashtags #MySuriaHome #FusionSolar #SmartEnergyController #HuaweiMalaysia
Tag @huaweimalaysia and 3 friends on Instagram and post!
b) Contestants must ensure that their account is open to the public and not private.
c) Weekly winners will be selected for 10 weeks starting from 1st January 2023 until 12th March 2023.
d) Entries for the week will end every Sunday at 11:59 PM. Entries received after this deadline or are submitted through any means other than specified herein will not be entertained and disqualified as a valid entry. No complaints will be entertained.
e) Multiple entries are permitted. However, contestants are only entitled to win once throughout the 10 weeks period (1st January 2023 until 12th March 2023)
f) Huawei Malaysia reserves the rights to film/photograph the entire delivery process for winners and utilise the footage in any way as to be solely determined by Huawei Malaysia.
6. A total of sixty (60) Contestants will be selected and announced as winners by Huawei Malaysia on Huawei Malaysia’s Instagram account. Six (6) winners will be selected and announced each week over the 10-week period. 3 winners will be selected from the weekly winners to win the Most Creative prize.
7. Submissions will be judged based on the Contestant’s originality and creativity.
8. Huawei Malaysia’s decision shall be final. No correspondence or further claims shall be entertained.
9. All entries must meet the eligibility requirements and fulfil the rules stated in the How to Participate section. Any entry which does not comply to the stated rules will be deemed disqualified.
10. Shortlisted Contestants will be contacted by a Huawei Malaysia’s personnel or its appointed agent via Instagram Direct Message. Winners will be required to provide their contact details (i.e. Full name, Instagram account username, IC number, mobile number, and mailing address) within a week of request, failing which, his/her submission/entry will be deemed as null and void and a new winner will be selected.
11. Huawei Malaysia’s personnel or its agent will verify that the shortlisted winners has tagged @huaweimalaysia and 3 friends, failing which his/her submission/entry will be deemed as null and void and a new winner will be selected.
12. Details of Contest prizes are as follows: -
Most Creative Winner
HUAWEI Mate 50 Pro and HUAWEI WATCH GT 3 Pro x 3 units
HUAWEI Mate 50 x 6 units (For 10-week period)
13. The prizes are given out on an “As Is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
14. Any prizes unclaimed after the Contest period will be forfeited and deemed to have lapsed unconditionally and irrevocably. The winner whose prize has been forfeited or unclaimed shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation from Huawei Malaysia.
15. Picture(s) of the prizes shown in any advertisement, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this Contest is / are solely for illustration purposes only and may not depict the actual colour, model or specification of the prize(s) and does not include any optional accessories.
Delivery of Prize(s) and Prize Redemption
16. The prizes will be delivered to the winners within 2 weeks of the winner announcement or such other period as may be determined solely by Huawei Malaysia.
17. Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to appoint a third-party vendor or service provider to handle the fulfilment or making available of the prize(s) and delivery of the prize(s) to the winners. By providing Your personal information including name, delivery address, contact numbers, email address and other information to Huawei Malaysia, Huawei Malaysia can use and/or disclose to such third-party vendor or service provider for the purposes of delivery service.
18. Huawei Malaysia shall not be responsible or liable for any delays or non-delivery of the prizes.
19. Huawei Malaysia shall not be responsible for any inaccurate details provided by the Contestant to claim their prizes, if any.
Terms of Participation
20. By entering this Contest, the Contestant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted image/photo/video is an original work and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the submission.
21. Copyright of all images/photos/videos submitted to this Contest remains with the Contestant. However, by participating in this Contest, Contestant agrees to grant Huawei Malaysia a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, copy, publicly display, sublicense, modify and fully exploit any photo submitted.
22. Each Contestant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this Contest; agrees for Huawei Malaysia to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Huawei Malaysia products: and irrevocably grants Huawei Malaysia all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this Contest.
Each Contestant agrees that Huawei shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook/Instagram profile photo and details):
a) In connection with this Contest and/or Huawei Malaysia products;
b) For the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Huawei Malaysia products;
c) In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram; at Huawei Malaysia’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent.
23. Contestants will only be confirmed as winner(s) after the verification of validity of each participation. Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to check the validity of any participation. Entries failing to comply with the Terms and Conditions herein will not be accepted.
24. Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant suspected of fraud, hacking, tampering with the Contest submission process or if Huawei Malaysia believes that the Contestant’s entry and/or results has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers or breach of any terms and conditions of the Contest.
25. Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify such Contestants from the Contest and/or receiving the prize. Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to substitute or replace a new winner.
26. Each Contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of Huawei Malaysia, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this Contest.
Liability and Responsibility
27. Each Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Huawei Malaysia and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis), and actions of any kind by anyone including third party arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or travel to or from any Contest activity, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Rights of Huawei Malaysia
28. Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to reject any post/ winner at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
29. Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to change or replace the prize(s) with item(s) of equal value.
30. Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
31. In case of any dispute, Huawei Malaysia reserves the right to make the final decision. Huawei Malaysia’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
32. Huawei Malaysia does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Huawei Malaysia disclaims all warranties and representations of any of any kind,express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by the law, Huawei Malaysia (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this contest, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a) Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Huawei Malaysia’s control);
b) Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c) Any claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Huawei Malaysia) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Huawei Malaysia;
d) Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
e) Any tax liability incurred by a contestant; or
f) Use of the prize(s).
33. Huawei Malaysia reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest without any prior notice and/or assigningany reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Huawei Malaysia shall not entitle the Contestants to any claim or compensation against Huawei for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
34. Huawei Malaysia makes no guarantee of the availability of its or any other web services and will not be responsible for any interruption, delay or failure of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this Contest.
35. By participating in this Contest, each Contestant is communicating with Huawei electronically. By doing so, each Contestant agrees to receive communication with Huawei Malaysia electronically. Each Contestant consents to receiving electronically all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Huawei provides in relation to this Contest.
37. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each Contestant irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.